GLYcoDiag is your partner of microbiological studies (mainly in cosmetics field). GLYcoDiag’s expertises are used in the research and optimisation of the new active compounds, prebiotics, combination of compounds (synergy effect), boosters, systems preservatives and in the validation of the new formulations.
GLYcoDiag help you for microbiote studies:
– Co-cultures models: GLYcoDiag has developed co-culture models which allow to study the effect of a cosmetic product on the growth and/or the decrease of each strain growing together in the same medium and environmental conditions. All of the co-culture models developed by GLYcoDiag are based on the following criteria :
– Referenced strains either from well-known collections or isolated and characterized wild-type strains from GLYcoDiag’s own cell bank.
– Calibrated inoculum of each strain mixed (four to five strains) in proportion mimicking eubiosis equilibrium or dysbiosis related to specific cutaneous diseases.
– A common culture medium based on minimum nutrients, allowing to keep the growth of each strain in at wanted proportions during the study (usually 24 to 72h).
– Respective pH and temperature according to the targeted environment.
– Miniaturized, accurate and reliable.
GLYcoDiag help you for alternative microbiology services:
– Micro-challenge test : screening of anti-microbial activities of many samples simultaneously.
– Time Kill study : determination of the kinetic of inhibition of strain growth (bacteria and/or fungi)
– Minimal Inhibition concentration (MIC)/Growth effect : Determination of microbial properties of product on a variety of microorganisms.
– Glycomicrobiote: study the effect of your products on microorganisms interactions (one or up to 4 strains simultaneously) with the skin cells (i.e. Human normal keratinocytes (NHEK), corneocytes, …).
Don’t forget: GLYcoDiag will be present at the next In cosmetics global at Barcelona (28th-30th March). Do not hesitate to visit us during this event on booth Y33 to know more about our services.
As you know GLYcoDiag provides it’s micro-challenge test services from more than 10 years. Compared to the standard method, the GLYcoDiag’s micro-challenge test is a high throughput, cost effective and the method of choice for research projects aiming at the discovery of new preservatives or the control steps of anti-microbial efficacy where the regulatory method is not absolutely required.
Now, we propose two additional upgraded models of our micro-challenge test method.
(1) Re-challenge testing. Repeated inoculation with specific test micro-organisms can show the number of contamination challenges a product can withstand before the preservative system fails for the micro-organism studied. The rechallenge testing consists of consecutive inoculation of a product (t=0h, 24h, 48h and 72h) and sampling after 24h, 48h, 72h, 7, 14, 21 and 28 days to determine preservative antimicrobial activity.
(2) Mixed. In this study, the goal is to compare the efficiency of a preservative with a mixture of microbial strains (i.e. Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 9027, Escherichia coli ATCC 8739, Candida albicans ATCC 10231 and Aspergillus brasiliensis ATCC 16404) and not only in a mono-culture. The mixed testing consists of a single inoculation of the product to be analysed (t=0h) with a mixture of microorganisms (fungi and bacteria) followed by sampling after 24h, 48h, 72h, 7, 14, 21 and 28 days to determine preservative antimicrobial activity, regarding fungi and/or bacteria, in a more complex environment model.
In addition, we have more than 40 different laboratory strains in our microbiological bank as well as more than 10 wild-type strains (from human skin) that you can choose and use for the research of microbiological properties of your product. This strains were all adapted and validated in our micro-challenge test methods.
F. Vena, B. Roubinet and L. Landemarre. (2022) Lectin array for quality control of recombinant biotherapeutic glycoproteins. SynBIOcarb and COST Glyconanoprobes joint conference, March 29 – April 1, 2020; Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic.
Book in your calendar!!! GLYcoDiag will be present in the next In Cosmetics global 2022 in Paris porte de Versailles from Tuesday 5th to Thursday 7th April 2022 (Stand P105). GLYcoDiag will present the full services intended to microbiote studies and its technology platform GLYcoPROFILE®, intended to the research of new active products and the study of « glyco-actives » mechanisms relevant for cosmetic applications, which allow to reduce your time development and increase your innovation capability. Contact us to book a B2B meeting with us.
Download the GLYcoDiag’s Newsletter February 2022 about cells GLYcoPROFILE studies.